The arrival of June brings with it the official start to summer. June is the time when both nature and gardens show their first signs of an abundant harvest. June brings fresh produce, and summer heat. It is a time to savor the experiences of summer, and to enjoy the warm weather. It is a time of abundance and joy after a long journey from the depth of winter, to the warmth and sun of summer.
June Holidays & Events
5th: World Environment Day
8th: World Oceans Day
11th: Trinity Sunday
14th: Flag Day
18th: Father’s Day
21th: Midsummer/Summer Solstice/First Day of Summer/Litha
22th: Lailatu Qadir
24th: End of Ramadan
25th: Eid al Fatr
Rose Moon, Hot Moon
Strawberry Moon Lore:
According to the Algonquin Tribes it’s a good time to pick strawberries.
Full Moon: 9th
New Moon: 24th
1st Quarter: 1st
Last Quarter: 17th
June Seasonal Bucket List
- Pick strawberries. (or other seasonal berries)
- Make jam/jelly.
- Have a cook out.
- Go to the beach (or pool).
- Take a vacation/staycation.
- Savor your first garden harvest.
- Decorate your home with seasonal flowers.
- Tend your garden.
- Go to a festival.
- Make strawberry shortcake.
- Get soft serve ice cream (aka creemees for my fellow Vermonters).
- Go to a baseball game.
- Make a meal containing only fresh, local & seasonal foods.
Seasonal Personal Growth Activities
- Celebrate your wins & successes.
- Practice self-care & self-love.
- Do random acts of kindness.
- Spend time with those who make you feel happy & loved.
- Practice mindfulness.
June is the perfect time to enjoy early summer weather, and practice love & mindfulness. It is a gentle time of year for connecting with others, as well as your self, to spread joy, love, and friendship.