April has arrived and brings with it this year many holidays, festivals and reasons for celebration! The weather is warming up and spring is finally bringing warm weather, sunshine, and my personal favorite: flowers! What is there to do this month? Get your calendar ready and mark down some of these holidays, activities and events!
- April Fool’s Day: 1st
- Easter: 1st
- Passover Ends: 7th
- Isra & Mi’raj: 13th
- Yom Ha’atzMuaut
- Earth Day: 22nd
- Holocaust Remembrance Day: 23rd
- Arbor Day: 27th
Moon Name: Pink Moon
Pink Moon Lore:
The Pink Moon doesn’t actually refer to the color of the moon, it will still be the same silvery orb of radiance. It actually refers to some of the first flowers of spring, wild ground flox also known as moss pink. Other names for this full moon include the Sprouting Grass Moon, the Egg Moon, and the Fish Moon.
- Full Moon: 30th
- 1st Quarter: 22nd
- Last Quarter: 8th
- New Moon: 16th
Additional Festivals & Events
Around the world April means one thing: Cherry Blossom Season! If you want to see some gorgeous flowers, make sure you get out and see your nearest cherry blossom festival. They are one of my favorite things, and should not be missed! You may also have some seasonal festivals in your own neck of the woods celebrating what’s in season right now. So check out your local events and see what’s going on in your area right now.
Seasonal Bucket List Ideas
- Visit a flower festival.
- Go on a walk in a park.
- Visit botanical gardens.
- Plant a garden.
- Plant decorative plants, and flowers.
- Volunteer for Earth Day and/or Arbor Day.
- Dye eggs.
- Cook with eggs, quiches and custards are especially good seasonal recipes.
- Enjoy spring skiing.
- Create a spring flower wreath.
- Go to a Baseball game.
- Play baseball!
- Ride a bike.
Seasonal Personal Growth Activities
- Make a change in your life for the better. (Start a new habit, look for your dream job, etc)
- Nurture changes you have recently made.
- Meditate on growth and how you can grow in your own life.
- Practice random acts of kindness.
- Let go of limiting beliefs that are holding you back.
- Embrace the future, embrace possibility.
- Take an egg, write on it a goal you have on it. Envision yourself successfully meeting that goal. Plant the egg in your yard or a flower pot. Plant a plant over it. Let the egg nourish the plant as you nourish your goal. See your goal grow nearer as your plant grows.