The terms “we”, “us” and “our” and “Wildwood & Sage” refer to Kara Rajchel, Owner of Wildwood & Sage. The term “user,” “you” and “your” refers to site visitors, customers and any other users of the site.
The term “personal information” is defined as information that you voluntarily provide to us which personally identifies you and/or your contact information, such as your name, phone number and email address.
Wildwood & Sage provides a website where users can read articles on authentic, green and seasonal living.
Information We Collect
Blog Interaction. We only collect the personal information you voluntarily provide to us which may include: Your email address in order to subscribe to our mailing list; Your name, email address and/or social media profile in order to post a comment on our blog via third party provider, Disqus; Your full name, email address and message in order to contact us via our contact form.
Activity. We may record information relating to your use of the Site, such as the searches you undertake, the pages you view, your browser type, IP address, requested URL, referring URL, and timestamp information. We use this type of information to administer the Site and provide the highest possible level of service to you. We also use this information in the aggregate to perform statistical analyses of user behavior and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the Site.
Cookies. We may send cookies to your computer in order to uniquely identify your browser and improve the quality of our service. The term “cookies” refers to small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing the Site. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them). You have the ability to accept or decline cookies using your web browser settings. If you choose to disable cookies, some areas of the Site may not work properly or at all.
What do we use your information for?
Generally, we use the information we collect through this Site:
- to provide the information, products and services you request;
- to provide you with effective customer service;
- to provide you with a personalized experience when you use this Site;
- to contact you with information and notices related to your use of this Site;
- to contact you with special offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- to invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- to improve the content, functionality and usability of this Site;
- to better understand your needs and interests;
- to improve our products and services;
- to improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- for security, credit or fraud prevention purposes; and
- for any other purpose identified in an applicable Privacy Notice, click-through agreement or other agreement between you and us.
- for good faith compliance with the law, a court order or a subpoena.
How long is information retained?
We generally retain your information only as long as reasonably necessary to provide you the Services or to comply with applicable law.
How is information collected?
- Information You Manually Provide. The Site collects the information you manually provide (using your keyboard, mouse, or touchpad) when you use this Site, for example, we collect the information you provide when you request service, send us questions, or otherwise interact with this Site. Some of the information you manually provide may be personal information, such as your name and contact information.
- Information from your browser or device. The Site collects information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser or mobile device. This information typically includes your IP address, the name of your operating system, the name and version of your browser, the date and time of your visit, and the pages you visit. The information we receive may depend on your browser or device settings. The information we receive from your web browser and device typically is not, in and of itself, personally identifiable. However, we may combine it with other information in an attempt to identify you or we may combine it with information that does identify you.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Technologies. We use “cookies” and other technologies to collect information and support certain features of this Site.
- Cookies (a) Collect data about the way you interact with our Site (e.g., when you use certain features or upload attachments), (b) Collect data to assess and improve our advertising campaigns, (c) Allow our business partners (including third-parties) to use these tracking technologies to track your behavior on our behalf on our Site (including when you use multiple devices) and on partner websites, (d) Enable third-parties to collect data about the way you interact across sites outside of our Site. And (e) Collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Services (including the length of your web or application session) and the location from which you access the Services, so that we can improve the Services and learn which elements and functions of the Services are most popular with our users. You can manage your cookie’s data through your web browser’s settings.
- Web beacons or pixels: These are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that are used to understand browsing activity. In contrast to cookies, these are rendered invisibly on web pages when you open a page.
- Social widgets: These are buttons or icons provided by third-party social media providers that allow you to interact with those social media services when you view a web page or a mobile app screen. These social widgets may collect browsing data, which may be received by the third-party that provided the widget and are controlled by the third parties.
- UTM Source codes: These are strings that can appear in a URL (the “Uniform Resource Locator,” which is typically the http or https address entered to go to a web page) when a user moves from one web page or website to another, where the string can represent information about browsing, such as which advertisement, page, or publisher sent the user to the receiving website.
We respect your right to access, correct, request restriction or deletion or request of our usage of your personal information and data collected as required by applicable law. We also take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, up to date and in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. After verification of identity you have the right to:
- know what personal information and data we maintain about you
- request a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format
- request update to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete
- request we cease our processing of your personal information and data
- request us to delete or restrict how we use your personal information, but this right is determined by applicable law and may impact your access to some of our Services
In order to exercise any of these rights within this Policy, please contact the Data Protection officer listed in this Policy.
California law requires us to let you know how we respond to web browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals. At this time, we do not have a DNT signal policy. Until further privacy regulations and guidelines are published, we will adhere to this policy.
How Your Information is Used
The information you provide is used to process transactions, send periodic emails and improve the service we provide. We do share your information with trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business and servicing clients and visitors. These trusted third parties agree to keep this information confidential. Your personal information will never be shared with unrelated third parties.
Third Party Links
Security Measures. We maintain security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, misuse or disclosure. However, no exchange of data over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure. While we make every effort to protect your personal information shared with us through our Site, you acknowledge that the personal information you voluntarily share with us through this Site could be accessed or tampered with by a third party. You agree that we are not responsible for any intercepted information shared through our Site without our knowledge or permission. Additionally, you release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of such intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
Sharing. Please be aware that when you use our Site to post comments and share other information, any information that you provide may not be secure and can be collected and used by others. As a result, you should exercise caution before you make such disclosures.
How to Update Your Information
If you opt-in to our mailing list, the option to unsubscribe or update will be included in every email. You may also access and correct your personal information and privacy preferences by contacting us with your request at [email protected]
Notification of Changes to this Policy
You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this Site and this Policy periodically and to be aware of any modifications. Updates to this Policy will be posted on this page.
BY VISITING WILDWOODANDSAGE.BLOG YOU ARE CONSENTING TO OUR TERMS & CONDITIONS.
The terms “we”, “us”, “our” and “I” refers to Wildwood & Sage. The term the “Site” refers to https://wildwoodandsage.blog. The term “user,” “you” and “your” refers to site visitors, customers and any other users of the site.
Wildwood & Sage provides a website where users can read articles on authentic, natural, and green living.
Use of Wildwood & Sage, including all materials presented herein and all online services provided by Wildwood & Sage, is subject to the following Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply to all site visitors, customers, and all other users of the site. By using the Site or Service and/or ordering a product from the Site, you agree to these Terms and Conditions, without modification, and acknowledge reading them.
Use of the Site + Service
To access or use the Site, you must be 18 years or older and have the requisite power and authority to enter into these Terms and Conditions. Children under the age of 18 are prohibited from using the Site.
Information provided on the Site and in the Service related to authentic, green and natural living and other information are subject to change. Wildwood & Sage makes no representation or warranty that the information provided, regardless of its source (the “Content”), is accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. Wildwood & Sage disclaims all liability for any inaccuracy, error or incompleteness in the Content.
In order to use the Service, you may be required to provide information about yourself including your name, email address, username and password and other personal information. You agree that any registration information you give to Wildwood & Sage will always be accurate, correct and up to date. You must not impersonate someone else or provide account information or an email address other than your own.
You may use the Site and Service for lawful purposes only. Your account must not be used for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction.
You agree to be financially responsible for all purchases made by you or someone acting on your behalf through the Site. You agree to use the Site and to purchase services or products through the Site for legitimate, non-commercial purposes only.
You shall not post or transmit through the Site any material which violates or infringes the rights of others, or which is threatening, abusive, defamatory, libelous, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable, contains injurious formulas, recipes, or instructions, which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law.
Refusal of Service
Wildwood & Sage reserves the right to refuse service to any order, person or entity without obligation to assign reason for doing so. Wildwood & Sage may at any time change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the Site or Service.
Material You Submit to the Site
You shall not upload, post or otherwise make available on the Site any artwork, photos or other materials (collectively “Materials”) protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express written permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right. The burden of determining that any Materials are not so protected rests entirely with you. You shall be liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, or other proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from such a submission and shall indemnify Wildwood & Sage from any claim against Wildwood & Sage resulting from your posting of Materials to the site. For all Materials submitted by you to the Site, you automatically represent or warrant that you have the authority to use and distribute the Materials, and that the use or display of the Materials will not violate any laws, rules, regulations or rights of third parties.
Wildwood & Sage reserves the right to remove from the site any Materials submitted by you that it deems inappropriate for the site or that appears to violate these terms and conditions.
Intellectual Property Rights to Your Materials
Wildwood & Sage does not claim ownership of Material you supply to Wildwood & Sage. However, the act of posting Material to the site conveys an irrevocable, worldwide license to Wildwood & Sage to use and distribute the posted Material in connection with Wildwood & Sage’s website and any related Wildwood & Sage publications. You retain copyright ownership and any other rights you may rightfully hold in any content that you submit through the Service. By submitting Material to Wildwood & Sage, you agree to hold ____ harmless from and against all claims, liabilities and expenses arising out of any potential or actual copyright or trademark misappropriation or infringement claimed against you.
Our Intellectual Property
All content provided on the Site and in the Service are the intellectual property of Wildwood & Sage. The content of the Site and Service are protected by United States trademark, trade dress and copyright law. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, distribute, display, reproduce or perform, or in any way exploit in any format whatsoever any of the content of the Site or the Service, in whole or in part without our prior written consent. You may not remove any trademark, copyright, or other notice from the content of the Site or the Service. We reserve the right to immediately remove you from the Service, without refund, at to pursue all available legal remedies against you if you are caught violating this intellectual property policy.
The purpose of this website is to be educational. There are a lot of ideas here, and there are also a lot of suggestions for tools, websites, and advice on Wildwood & Sage. Some of the links to these tools and websites are regular links. And some of these links are links that, if you click them and purchase, I might get a commission in exchange.
We may at any time amend these Terms and Conditions. Such amendments are effective immediately upon notice to you by us posting the new Terms and Conditions on this Site. Any use of the Site or Service by you after being notified means you accept these amendments. We reserve the right to update any portion of our Site and Service, including these Terms and Conditions at any time. We will post the most recent versions to the Site and list the effective dates on the pages of our Terms and Conditions.
Limitation of Liability
You agree that under no circumstances shall we be liable for direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive, exemplary, or any other damages arising out of your use of the Site or Service. Additionally, Wildwood & Sage is not liable for damages in connection with (i) any failure of performance, error, omission, denial of service, attack, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or line or system failure; (ii) loss of revenue, anticipated profits, business, savings, goodwill or data; and (iii) third party theft of, destruction of, unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of your information or property, regardless of our negligence, gross negligence, failure of an essential purpose and whether such liability arises in negligence, contract, tort, or any other theory of legal liability.
The foregoing applies even if Wildwood & Sage has been advised of the possibility of or could have foreseen the damages. In those states that do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for the damages, our liability is limited to the fullest possible extent permitted by law. In no event shall Wildwood & Sage’s cumulative liability to you exceed the total purchase price of the Service you have purchased from Wildwood & Sage, and if no purchase has been made by you Wildwood & Sage’s cumulative liability to you shall not exceed $100.
Third Party Resources
The Site and the Service contain links to third party websites and resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable for the availability, accuracy, content or policies of third party websites or resources. Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by or affiliation with Wildwood & Sage. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources.
You shall indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, settlements, liabilities, costs, charges, assessments and expenses, as well as third party claims and causes of action, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees, arising out of any breach by you of any of these Terms and Conditions, or any use by you of the Site or Service. You shall provide us with such assistance, without charge, as we may request in connection with any such defense, including, without limitation, providing us with such information, documents, records and reasonable access to you, as we deem necessary. You shall not settle any third party claim or waive any defense without our prior written consent.
Effect of Headings
The subject headings of the paragraphs and subparagraphs of this Agreement are included for convenience only and shall not affect the construction or interpretation of any of its provisions.
No waiver of any of the provisions of this Agreement by Wildwood & Sageshall be deemed, or shall constitute, a waiver of any other provision, whether or not similar, nor shall any waiver constitute a continuing waiver. No waiver shall be binding unless executed in writing by Wildwood & Sage.
All notices, requests, demands, and other communications under this Agreement shall be in writing and properly addressed as follows:
Governing Law; Venue; Mediation
This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with, and governed by, the laws of the State of Vermont as applied to contracts that are executed and performed entirely in Vermont. The parties agree to attempt to resolve any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to this Agreement by mediation, which shall be conducted under the then current mediation procedures of The CPR Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution or any other procedure upon which the parties may agree. The parties further agree that their respective good faith participation in mediation is a condition precedent to pursuing any other available legal or equitable remedy, including litigation, arbitration or other dispute resolution procedures.
Recovery of Litigation Expenses
If any legal action or any arbitration or other proceeding is brought for the enforcement of this Agreement, or because of an alleged dispute, breach, default, or misrepresentation in connection with any of the provisions of this Agreement, the successful or prevailing party or parties shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorneys’ fees and other costs incurred in that action or proceeding, in addition to any other relief to which it or they may be entitled.
If any term, provision, covenant, or condition of this Agreement is held by an arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void, or unenforceable, the rest of the Agreement shall remain in full force and effect and shall in no way be affected, impaired, or invalidated.
These Terms and Conditions bind and inure to the benefit of the parties’ successors and assigns. These Terms and Conditions are not assignable, delegable, sub licenseable or otherwise transferable by you. Any transfer, assignment, delegation or sublicense by you is invalid.
Last Updated: May 15, 2018