March, the harbinger of spring! March is one of my favorite months. It’s the time when the sap starts running through the trees, and the sweet smell of maple syrup is in the air. It’s the start of the spring ski season, the bringer of heavy wet snows, and bright sun that begins to warm the land. March is a month of change, growth and renwal. It marks the begining of what is to come, and bears the last remnants of winter.
March Moon (Worm Moon) Phases:
- Full Moon: 2nd and 31st (Blue Moon)
- 1st Quarter: 24th
- Last Quarter: 9th
- New Moon: 17th
Worm Moon Lore:
The Worm Moon or Sap Moon names come from the natural events that happen in March. The ground starts to thaw and earth worms reappear along with migratory birds, like robins. March is also the time of year when Sugaring season begins and tree sap flows.
- Sap Moon
March Celebrations, Holidays, Festivals & Special Days:
- 1st: Purim/St. David’s Day
- 2nd: Holi
- 11th: Daylight Savings Begins
- 17th: St. Patrick’s Day
- 20th: Ostara/Spring Equinox/First Day of Spring
- 25th: Palm Sunday
- 30th: Good Friday
- 31st: Passover Begins
March Seasonal Bucket List Ideas
March aka Mud Season where I’m from is a wonderful time of year! It brings with it warmer weather and the official return of spring! It’s also prime sugaring season, which means sugar on snow parties and fresh maple syrup! Indulge in the seasonal sweets and enjoy the warmer spring weather!
- Make Maple Syrup.
- Go to a Sugar on Snow party!
- Eat Maple syrup.
- Go spring skiing.
- Plant seeds.
- Celebrate Ostara/Spring Equinox
- Watch for the First Robin.
- Go bird watching.
- View Cherry Blossoms.
- Eat seasonal produce.
- Start your garden.
- Spring clean your home.
- Have a picnic.
- View plumb blossoms.
- Go spring skiing.
March Seasonal Personal Growth Activities
March is a time for growth, it’s a time to embrace the possibilities that lie before you.
- Embark on a new life or career move.
- Cultivate a positive or abundance mindset.
- Take steps to create changes for the better.
- Begin a new personal growth challenge, such as fitness, meditation or other lifestyle change.